Biasiswa JPA for polytechnics now open
JPA is offering its annual JPA scholarship (biasiswa JPA) to those pursuing studies in local polytechnics beginning today. Students who have registered for Diploma studies in polytechnics for the 2010/2011 academic session (applicable to all courses) are welcome to apply.
The scholarship covers the tuition fees (RM400 per year), living allowance (RM6,426 or RM7,560 per annum), books allowance (RM400 per year), stationery funds of (RM50 to RM250 per year) and project paper allowance (RM150).
To apply, each candidate needs to fulfill the requisite criteria which include:
- Being a Malaysian citizen
- Age not more than 19 when applying
- Open to all students with SPM certification
- Has registered with any polytechnic for the 2010/2011 session
- For SPM leavers 1998, must have at least credit C6 in Bahasa Melayu, and min 4B in 6 other subjects
- For SPM leavers 1999, must have at least credit C in Bahasa Melayu, and min B in 6 other subjects
The JPA scholarship comes with a bonding contract that requires the scholarship recipient serving the government for a period of between 3 and 6 years, failing which may subject him or her to penalty claim amounting to between RM70,000 and RM100,000.
To apply, candidates can submit their application online beginning today, 27 July 2010. Each candidate needs to register themselves with eSila website prior to applying for the scholarship.
Closing date of the JPA scholarship for polytechnic studies is on 2 August 2010 [Update: As of now, the biasiswa JPA for the year is closed].