Hewlett Packard (HP) Malaysia is following the likes of IBM, DHL, Dell and other major companies to set up a brand new application development and support center in Cyberjaya. In other words, this also means more jobs available for Malaysian job seekers. Pretty good news, huh?
The new HP Cyberjaya center is expected to employ additional 1000 employees in the course of the next 10 years. It will also helps HP to step up effort to develop enhanced data enterprise data warehousing, application development and support, and other IT initiatives. At the moment HP is employing more than 1500 employees throughout Malaysia and having a headquarter in HP Tower. HP Malaysia consists of 3 entities: Hewlett Packard Sales (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, HP Facilities Services (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and Hewlett-Packard Technology Malaysia Sdn Bhd.
Today, HP put up a full page advertisement in The Star announcing job openings consisting of Operations Management, Development and Software Engineers with main technical skills in PeopleSoft, SAP-CRM and other SAP modules, MS SQL or Oracle DBA skills, while other applications development experience will be considered. The 3 positions available (I have rephrased the job descriptions in my own way without altering the technical requirement needs. If you want to see the original advert, grab yourself a copy of today’s The Star newspaper, or visit HP’s job website):
1. Business Operations Manager
The person will be responsible to develop the staffing, recruitment and hiring strategies, training program management and establish operational cost. The main challenge here is to assemble a highly competent team that would be able to kick start the operation with minimal cost and training. Hence, the incumbent not only needs to have a background handling IT Support Operations, but also responsible to bring those who have all the technical competencies and experience.
- Degree holder with at least 10 years of related experience or a Master’s degree holder with at least 8 years of related experience.
2. Center of Excellence Development Manager
The incumbent is to lead the Center Of Excellence and leverage their technical knowledge and expertise. The job requires you to understand, manage and improve the operation’s processes, tools, objectives and expectations to ensure success and generate business value. In other words, the operations need to be run smoothly, and at the same time the profitability is also achieved. As a Center of Excellence Development Manager, you will also strive to create a customer service oriented culture among the team members and champion the employee development and engagement.
- Degree with at least 15 years of related experience or a Master’s degree with at least 13 years of related experience.
- Expertise in PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle database and other applications.
- Experience in the customer support domain favored.
- Experience in driving large teams of more than 50 employees across multiple technology domains/platform and industry clusters.
3. Systems Software Engineers – Master, Expert and Specialist levels
The Software Engineers are responsible to develop, design and maintain products and software, perform bug-fixing, quality engineering, documentation and general product maintenance. You will also need to work independently to identify any design problems, resolve in-process problems and respond to key product questions and attend to customer needs and inquiries. Apart from these, you will be responsible to review new products and releases while at the same time maintain the current operating systems and products.
- Master level: Degree with at least 12 years of related experience or Master’s degree with at least 10 year of related experience.
- Expert level: Degree with at least 10 years of related experience or Master’s degree with at least 8 year of related experience.
- Specialist level: Degree with at least 6 years of related experience or Master’s degree with at least 4 year of related experience.
What do you get working with Hewlett Packard? Below are some of the benefits that you’ll get for working with HP [source: HP's website]. I believe the exact benefits and perks vary depending on which country HP is operating:
1. Basic Salary
As a multinational company, HP provides basic salary competitive with other established organizations.
2. Performance-related Pay & Bonuses
As part of the Total Reward Program, HP offers their employees the opportunity to get the performance-related pay or bonuses which will be related directly to their performance in the job. So perform well in your job, and you’ll be rewarded accordingly.
3. Benefits & Perks
You will get most of the major benefits and perks such as health plans, income protection, retirement, saving packages and so on.
4. Stock Ownership
HP also provides opportunity to own some shares through Share Ownership program.
Apart from the benefits above, also consider your career growth opportunity working with a company well know for providing first class IT & technical support to their clients. For online job application at Hewlett Packard, visit Jobs at HP for details (apparently there’s no contact number, address and email given in the advert in The Star, so online application is the only choice available at the moment).