Quality Assurance Executive, CMG
CMG is a wholly owned subsidiary of CMG Holdings Sdn Bhd. Started off as a System Integrator, Networking Service and Application Solution provider in the 1980s, CMG Holdings and its group of companies have since then evolved into a state-of-the-art provider of total business solutions with the ability to design, develop, integrate and implement a wide range of IT solutions. We pride ourselves in providing quality consultancy, supply, installation, and maintenance of IT and related services for multiple industries.
Backed by the extensive experience and knowledge in IT, Dataware is one of the earliest System Integration providers in the country with the ability to provide a comprehensive suite of integrated business and system solutions.
In view of our rapid expansion, we are creating a new Open Source System (OSS) division within the company to spearhead exciting and innovative development of OSS solutions for several vertical industries.
Job vacancy: Quality Assurance Executive, CMG
- Establish/enhance Quality Assurance (QA) plan, guidelines and processes for OSS product development, technical support and sales & marketing functions in the division, in accordance to current ISO 9000 standards
- To continuously monitor and review the compliance of the internal functions with the established QA plan, guidelines and processes
- To assist the Project Management Officer to prepare and compile fortnightly and monthly project status reports
- To provide advise to the internal functions to improve their QA plan, guidelines and processes
- To report to the management on the QA compliance and progress levels for the internal functions
- To be the primary contact for QA related matters
- To provide QA advisory in implementation projects involving customers including assessment of the risks and impacts to project deliverables
- Ensure high-level of customer satisfaction through high quality deliverables, excellent customer support and proactive engagement
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related industry experience with preferably 1 year experience in a similar quality assurance/management role
- Strong experience in developing QA plan, guidelines and processes in similar environment. Experience in related technical areas coupled with good business acumen would be preferable
- Understanding and familiarity in software development technologies and tools such as J2EE, JSP, Web Services, SOA, Eclipse, Struts, Hibernate, J2ME, PHP, XML, Wiki, AJAX and others that would be appropriate for OSS product development
- Knowledge in OSS technologies such as RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenBSD, Apache, Astaro, Snort, OpenOffice, OpenVPN, Perl, Ruby, PHP and others will be a strong advantage
- Possession of accredited OSS certifications such as RHCE/RHCT, LPIC, SCLP/SCLE etc will be advantageous.
- Must be well-organized, independent, take initiatives, detailed and able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong leadership, team management, situation handling and client management skills
- Excellent project management, communication, written and presentation skills
Interested applicants can send in their resume and application to email@example.com before 30 April 2008.