Technical Support Engineer/Senior Engineer, Dataware, Cyberjaya
- To provide technical support to customers on deployed OSS products/solutions including working closely with product development team to resolve problems
- To support & maintain company’s internal IT infrastructure including end-users
- To provide service delivery activities in accordance to established Service Level Agreement (SLA) to maintain high-level of customer service
- Ensure high-level of customer satisfaction through high quality deliverables, excellent customer support and proactive engagement
- To develop/recommend solution architecture and design for customer proposals and lead in pre-sales activities
- To project manage service delivery & implementation activities
- To mentor and lead junior team members
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Senior Engineer: Minimum 4 years of related industry experience in a technical support and/or pre-sales role / Engineer: Minimum 2 years of related industry experience in a technical support role
- Possess an analytical mind with a systematic approach in troubleshooting and solving problems
- Strong experience in managing and supporting IT infrastructure technologies such as servers, storage area network (SAN), routers, Layer 2/3 switches (wired & wireless), Linux/BSD/UNIX operating systems, Apache/Tomcat web servers, DNS, DHCP, firewall, IPS/IDS, VPN and telecommunication facilities such as leased lines & broadband links.
- Knowledge in OSS technologies such as RedHat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenBSD, Apache, Astaro, Snort, OpenOffice, OpenVPN etc and in scripting tools such as Perl and PHP will be a strong advantage
- Possession of accredited OSS certifications such as RHCE/RHCT, LPIC, SCLP/SCLE etc will be advantageous
- Must be well-organized, independent, take initiatives, detailed and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management, communication, written and presentation skills
- Possess own transport and able to travel outstation
- Applicants must be Malaysian citizens
Interested applicants are invited to apply online / email with comprehensive resume including current and expected salary to : firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.