Technician, BASF Petronas
BASF Petronas Chemicals Sdn Bhd is a joint venture corporation between 2 giants, Germany’s BASF AG and Malaysia’s Petronas. The company is worth more than RM3 billion in value. BASF Petronas has its main facilities located in Gebeng, Kuantan, Pahang.
The company also has an office in Subang Jaya, Selangor. The integrated chemical site in Kuantan is one of the largest chemical plants in Asia Pacific comprising of 12 plants and occupy a size of 150 hectares. BASF Petronas Chemicals currently employs more than 600 work force and growing, providing more and more job and employment opportunities for the locals.
The company is principally involved in the production and marketing of essential raw materials, i.e acrylic monomers, oxo products and butanediol products for final application in a wide range of consumer products. These end-products are among others plastics, adhesives, paints, lacquers, paper, diapers, automobile and industrial coatings, pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, textiles, leather and personal care materials.
Job vacancy available: Technician
The person’s main responsibility is to carry out plant operations (field or DCS) in effective, and safe manner in helping the team achieving the quality and quantity standard as set by the production plan and directed by the shift supervisor.
- Min Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with credits in Chemistry and Mathematics, or Physics
- 2 years of working experience (or below) in the petrochemical industry or other relevant environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A team player
- Committed to achieve success, proactive and willing to challenge themselves in achieving excellent standard
- Possess Certificate in Process from Institute Technology Petronas (INSTEP) or any other recognized institutions
If you are interested with the job and wish to be part of the growing team, submit your detailed resume indicating clearly your employment history, personal particulars, achievements and send it together with all relevant documents to the following address:
The Recruitment Manager
Human Resource Management Division
BASF Petronas Chemicals Sdn Bhd
Jalan Gebeng 2/1
Kawasan Perindustrian Gebeng
26080 Kuantan, Pahang